Health & Safety (Environmental) CoordinatorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 42125 Date posted 09/11/2019 City Oakville State Ontario Country Canada
Reporting to the EH&S Manager and part of the environmental, health and safety team, the successful candidate's primary focus will be on ensuring the company's continued commitment to health, safety and environmental excellence.
- Provide Environmental Health & Safety site level support and work with Focus Factory Managers, supervisors and employees on the implementation of directives, policies and standards
- Develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate EH&S policies and practices in line with regulations and corporate requirements
- Coordinate site efforts to develop & deploy strategies to achieve year-over-year performance improvements in the Health & Safety program
- Advocate and enforce compliance reporting necessary to meet legal requirements and beyond if necessary to achieve business goals
- Drive EH&S continuous improvement initiatives to ensure site meets annual targets in line with business unit goals
- Be an active member of the JHSC committee and various sub-committees and organize EH&S audits, inspections, reviews for monitoring compliance to EH&S requirements and identification of risks.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of incidents including root-cause analysis and providing probable causes of incidents and recommendations for resolution
- Coordinate the implementation of corrective and preventative measures
- Coordinate compliance with UTC EH&S Management System, standard practices, and EH&S information systems
- Introduce systems, methods and procedures to foster a culture that proactively embraces safe and responsible actions
- Assist with EH&S issue resolution, root cause investigations, risk assessments, near miss programs and safe start programs.
- Complete job hazard risk assessments
- Create and maintain documentation, including but not limited to procedures, instruction sheets, check lists, and forms
- Maintain, monitor, prepare and distribute Health & Safety related reports as required
- Maintain emergency management plans and procedures
- Provide technical expertise, training, advise and continuous support to Focus factory Managers, supervisors and employees
- Utilize ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) to foster continuous improvement
- The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
- Organize and lead EHS specific employee training as required
- Managing EHS related projects and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related technical discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- 7 years EH&S experience in a manufacturing environment, with primary focus on health and safety.
- Proven working knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Building Codes and Fire Code.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procedures and customized training programs.
- Experience with machine safe-guarding, lock-out/tag-out, confined space, chemical processing.
- Experience creating and presenting EH&S training.
- Experienced with on the job hazard risk assessments
- Experience in the development and implementation of a Health and Safety Management System.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and respond to problem situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, especially strong writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- CRSP preferred.
- Strong understanding of Ethics Practices and ACE Concepts (Continuous Improvement)
- Proven ability to be self-directed/motivated with a vision toward overall EH&S excellence
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and persuade others to effect change
- Flexibility in working hours and available to work alternate shifts if required
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.