Quality Engineer - 1st Shift - Aftermarket OperationsBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287254 Date posted 01/18/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Quality Engineer based in North Berwick, Maine.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
- Leading teams to investigate the root cause of customer escapes and non-conformances and determine appropriate corrective/preventive actions.
- Review and approve First Article inspections.
- Perform product, process and work instruction audits.
- Interface with various Engineering groups and Customer Support to resolve technical/quality issues related to engine manual repairs and other approved technical data.
- Lead and participate in various teams in support of the unit’s ACE goals.
- Review and implement various regulatory requirement changes.
- Provide technical guidance and training to OEM Parts Inspectors.
- Read, write, speak and understand English
Basic Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years experience in quality and/or manufacturing operations or an Associates Degree with 5 + years experience in quality and/or manufacturing operations
Preferred Qualifications -
- Have demonstrated effective root cause determination skills, Red-X, Fault Tree, etc.
- Have ability to obtain, organize and analyze quality data.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
This posting will expire internally on 1/25/2019
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.