Industrial EngineerBusinesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77829BR Date posted 12/07/2018 City North Berwick State Maine Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Join our team as an Industrial Engineer!
- Study product requirements and determine capital equipment, and labor staffing to meet requirements
- Conduct machine capacity analysis and identify / manage improvement initiatives to increase efficiency
- Develop methods to increase productivity, maximize efficiency and manage human capital more effectively
- Recommend capital investment strategy to meet product delivery and cost targets
- Evaluate effects of schedule and product design changes
- Design layouts of equipment and workspace
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- BS degree in Engineering
- 3 years of experience in Continuous Improvement or Industrial, or Process Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to organize many details into a broad view of the total organization
- Ability to work effectively with other engineers, technicians, operators and management
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience is various computer software and administrative abilities
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Master degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Management
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and project management skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to multi-task and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of product manufacturing / process technologies
- Strong computer skills
Education: BS Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.