Alternate Work Week (AWW) General Engineering ManagerBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292166 Date posted 02/12/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USAThe sky has no limits.Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.Inclusion Powers Innovation:We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empoweredThe AWW Manager provides ownership and accountability for all production-related multi-functional IPT activity of the NBEC organization during the AWW period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6AM-6PM. Hardware responsibility all of the hardware described above. This is a highly-visible and excellent career opportunity that could lead to higher positions within the engineering, quality and operations organizations. The AWW Manager’s ability to clearly communicate with NBAS management, program management, and senior engineering leadership is critical to success. Precise and efficient communication and presentation skills are required. The AWW Manager will manage and execute tasks including, but not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, Stop Delivery Orders, initiating Minor Deviations;
- Completing FAI Reviews and ESA approvals; and writing/updating Product Production Specifications, while ensuring that P&W’s Engineering Standard Work processes are adhered to.
- Providing close support for NBEC standard work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers.
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and providing Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift.
- Multi-functional organization of different engineering disciplines.
- Ensuring employee satisfaction, creating annual objectives, conducting performance discussions and salary merit discussions, and ensuring employee personal development plans are created and executed.
- Providing innovative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements
- Communicating effectively, especially during standard shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to standard shift handoffs
- In addition to direct reports, the AWW Manager will have dotted-line support from other disciplines as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 8 Years of engineering experience with a Bachelor’s degree OR
- 5 years of engineering experience with a Mater’s degree.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Aerospace engineering industry experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA
- Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Demonstrated excellent customer facing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / manage multiple multi-functional teams to achieve results.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms