Incident Management Process LeaderBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01377498 Date posted 12/13/2019 City Newington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington, CT, 06111 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and Collins Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. Collins Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
Incident Management Process Leader
The person is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic data management of UTC’s Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management functions.
- This role manages all aspects of the IT Service Management function for Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management, including developing and executing on the Service roadmap, working with stakeholders and service providers to identify Continuous Improvement projects and maturing the overall service delivery capability.
- Drives process creation, implementation plan and execution within the ServiceNow tool suite.
- Creates, implements and owns the Escalation Process that ensures issues are followed through to resolution.
- Act as custodians of service (Gatekeeper function), taking ownership of un-owned issues, thus maximizing potential to prevent Major Incident escalation.
- Service Improvement Planning – Continuously looking to enhance the service offering. Identifies and drives initiatives through to completion.
- Demonstrate close alignment to Values at all times throughout performance of all responsibilities.
- Training / up-skilling of colleagues – Identify skills gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team. Drives training and coaching to mitigate gaps.
- Provide executive level reporting and communications.
- Support Planned Works/Major Events such as DR Tests, and formal Major Event invocation.
- Knowledge of ITSM and ITIL.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team building, mentoring, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives.
- Proven effectiveness in working with multiple levels of management, both internal and external. Must be capable of presenting ideas/programs/projects to senior management.
- Experience making risk management decisions while maintaining positive cross-functional group relationships.
- Proven ability to drive strategic change across business groups.
- Broad and deep knowledge of Emerging Technologies within the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management ITIL spaces.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to all management levels within the organization.
- Ability to listen carefully and extract key issues.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills/experience. Solid project management skills/experience.
- Ability to socialize and generate consensus for new ideas and to overcome resistance.
- Teaching, training, coaching and mentoring skills.
12 Years Experience with BS or BA Degree in a technical program desired
Or Advanced Degree with 10 years experience desired
US Citizen or US Person required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms