User Experience DesignerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01340977 Date posted 08/09/2019 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT225: GM - NEW YORK, NY One Penn Plaza, New York, NY, 10119 USA
At Otis, we’re dedicated to reinventing the way people move. As cities reach impossible heights and the digital revolution transforms daily life, our customers are looking to Otis for new ways to keep their world moving. As always, we're ready – with a bold vision of the future and the groundbreaking technology to make it happen. You could be part of our next chapter as a User Experience Designer, based in New York, with responsibility for keeping a user-centric perspective in mind while supporting the product manager when collecting requirements. The role also includes conducting user interviews and working closely with technical team members to ensure the feasibility of proposed design, as well as developing wireframes and interaction flows.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Maps workflows and user paths; creates storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, and low- and high-fidelity prototypes; and writes UI specifications in user-story form to support development across multiple applications and platforms
- Facilitates the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Facilitates brainstorming and/or design sessions, both internally and externally with customers
- Designs and delivers wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Works closely with the project development team to implement UI solutions and ensures the technology fully executes on the vision and requirements
- Identifies design problems and devises elegant solutions
- Takes a user-centered design approach and rapidly tests and iterates designs
- Develops, documents and communicates digital guidelines and standards across Otis
- Maintains an awareness of current trends in technology design and usability, and shares this information across multiple teams
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline and/or eight years of relevant experience
- Basic Qualifications
- Three-plus years of experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience delivering products that work across a range of browsers and platforms
- Experience using modern CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap and/or Material Design to deliver responsive, mobile-aware products
- An excellent understanding of the software development life-cycle process (discovery, planning, design, requirements, coding, testing, and user testing and evaluation)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Lean, Agile and Development Operations (Dev Ops) tools such as Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Azure DevOps
- Sketch, Zeplin, Invision and/or other prototyping software experience
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Preferred Qualifications
- Five-plus years of industry-standard processes experience in a large company preferred
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Position ID: OAK19DTDAP2
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms