TAB Technician (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01223048 Date posted 01/10/2019 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAN87: Dome Tech New York 90 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of Carrier. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Tab Technician to execute TAB projects for commercial and residential buildings in NY, NJ and the surrounding areas.
- Execute TAB projects for HVAC and Hydronic systems within commercial and large residential buildings.
- Adjust and Balance HVAC systems per NEBB approved methods and procedures.
- Record data in the field for record and report generation.
- Compile comprehensive reports, from field work for review and submission to the client.
- Review project proposals to understand the project’s scope of work.
- Review project drawings and specifications.
- Prepare field data sheets.
- Transporting necessary equipment to and from the project site.
- Test HVAC equipment in accordance with NEBB standards and project specifications.
- Identify and record any deficiencies found during testing in the form of an issues database.
- Adjust equipment air and water flows to design values.
- Perform duct pressure testing and air leakage calculations.
- Calculate speeds and sheave sizes using fan laws when speed adjustments are required.
- Finalize balancing of systems, record all field data on company TAB sheets.
- Assist in the final TAB report generation for submission to client.
- Experience and knowledge in commercial HVAC and hydronic systems
- Experience performing TAB related tasks is required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of Word and Excel is strongly preferred
- Willing to work days, nights, or weekends depending on the project requirements
- Willing to travel (20%) for national and international projects if required.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and clearly to the project team and the client.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate issues found in the field during testing.
- Ability to work with others including the project team and project support groups.
- Ability to shift work schedule on short notice to meet deadlines and expectations.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms