Senior Product ManagerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01340952 Date posted 08/09/2019 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT225: GM - NEW YORK, NY One Penn Plaza, New York, NY, 10119 USA
Here's your opportunity to join Otis, with its more than 160-year legacy of providing the world’s most reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. We’re on the brink of becoming a standalone, publicly traded company and are looking for a Senior Product Manager, based in New York, to join our global family, with responsibility for defining and executing our product roadmaps and plans by leveraging product data, market and competitive analysis with a commercial mindset and customer-centric orientation. This role will work closely with Otis digital and other cross-disciplinary teams, including engineering, design, operations, marketing and service delivery teams with a primary focus on digital space.
Our digital focus is geared towards transforming Otis products and services in order to help our employees and customers optimize operations. Together we aim to achieve new levels of productivity by changing the way we work and identifying new sources of growth.
- Transform business goals into strategic digital initiatives and cutting-edge digital products and services
- Align to Otis Digital strategy and leverage business and financial acumen to drive value for the business
- Leverage industry, market and technology trends to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
- Define and clearly communicate product roadmaps, KPIs, measures of product success to stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders and gain consensus for product strategy and milestones, building visual and other artifacts to assist key decision making
- Define product and feature sets through a user-centered approach and design centered thinking
- Lead agile development teams through sprint definition, backlog prioritization, development and release
- Utilize iterative design processes, prototype testing, user/consumer interviews and user testing to support product innovation
- Identify and implement analytics
- Support product innovation by analyzing usage metrics and continuously improving upon the user experience and product releases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years’ experience in digital technology and/or product management or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Agile Certified Practitioner, Certification as a Product Owner (CPO), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Familiarity with Agile operating model, practices and expectations
- Demonstrated capability in making timely, difficult decisions to ensure project priorities meet critical business needs and timelines
- Demonstrated experience in a full product lifecycle, from concept, to definition to market release
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within the company
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of accountability
- Diligent, disciplined, reliable and strives for highest technical and design quality
- Preferred Qualifications
- Basic programming skills
- Understanding of software lifecycle and architecture
- Familiar with software engineering standards
- Familiar with software usability standards
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Position ID: OAK19DTDAP4
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms