Program Planning & Control (PP&C) AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01360031 Date posted 10/09/2019 City New York State New York Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNY36: New York, NY (IMS INC) 225 West 39th Street, 2nd Floor , New York, NY, 10018 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe.As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
This position is for an Experienced Financial Planning and Analysis professional. Executes financial analysis, research, budgets, and forecasts to support business plans. Responsible for developing analysis and projections and conducting small projects.
- Monitors and reports on monthly Estimates at Completion (EACs) to ensure contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met for moderate to more complex programs/projects.
- Complete understanding of the financial side of Project management such as labor planning, contractor labor tracking, material expense, accruals, revenue recognition, cost and schedule control.
- Identify and quantify the risks and opportunities to ensure the team and management are informed of the financial status and impact.
- Ability to understand financial implications to projects and perform variance analysis (actual to prior & plan) on sales, cost, margin %, and billings.
- Work with other members of the project Leadership team: engineering, PM, contracts, FP&A, accounting, etc.
- Ability to understand project resources, schedule issues, cost issues, contractual terms, billing, invoices etc.
- Assist with project status reviews (PSRs) on a monthly or quarterly basis – document requirements and updates to the Cost Forecast Model (CFMs) to ensure accurate EACs.
- Ability to understand financial models and tools and work in these models and tools with ease on a regular basis Ability to handle multiple complex projects of various types (FP, T&M, service, capital).
- Interact with all levels of internal and external personal/customers on significant matters that require coordination between organizations – with respect and clear communication.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope that require data analysis – demonstrating good analytical skills and good judgement in selecting the method and techniques for obtaining the solutions.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Analysis – Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical, in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
- Cooperation – Takes personal initiative to proactively serve as a team motivator creating strong morale and synergy.
- Customer service Orientation – provides customers with quality experiences, establishing and maintaining effective relationships.
- Dependability – Ensures that all details of a project are accurate before delegating to others.
- Detail Orientation – Rarely makes errors but accepts responsibility for those that are made and develops a plan to prevent similar errors from recurring.
- Judgement – Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.
- Time Management - Works form a daily to-do list but understands priorities and is adaptable to sudden shifts.
- Skills: Very strong excel skills (test required), critical thinking skills, clear and concise communicator, Financial background, basic understanding of project management. Team player.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms