Collins Aerospace, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We are currently hiring a Lead Technician, Field Services (Narita) to join our Avionics division, specifically our Information Management Services Airport Systems Managed Services Japan team. Collins Aerospace has a global presence at more than 150 airports, including half of the 20 largest in the world. As a leading provider of self-serve solutions, and with a reputation as a master communication network integrator, we understand that the flow of an airport is the flow of an industry.
Join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE!
- Supervising and managing end to end onsite subcontractor personnel management including hiring, performance and off-boarding
- Responsible for the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) target on system operations including server and network.
- Regular communication with the customer on site progress, and take any remedial action for deficiencies.
- Serve as customer liaison and point of contact for all key activities with a variety of airlines and airport authority customers including Senior Executives. This includes but is not limited to the following: airline upgrades, Airport System (CUPPS - Common Use Passenger Processing System) hardware relocation for airport gate and/or check-in counter expansion, ensuring continual compliance and reporting of service level performance, escalations, and ensuring customer, corporate or local procedures/expectations are in compliance, installations, etc.
- Develop on site policy and procedures
- In unexpected illegality cases, he/she shall be responsible for on-site shift duty.
- Promote continual quality improvements and development of quality control programs.
- Conduct to develop training material and organize training sessions for system users.
- Meet regularly with the airport and airlines to review the current service performance, present reports on equipment and service reliability and any other general topics for discussion
- Reports to and will be required to work closely with the Regional Manager to learn, to assist, and to be able to carry out documented site operation administration duties.
- He/she will require security clearance to work in any area of the airport where supported equipment is located.
- Conduct to prepares system operational manuals and documentation
- A liaison between local team and Tulsa engineering division
- As monthly base, collecting system usage date and coordinate with related finance team for billing to the customer
- Cost management by each program as EAC owner ( Estimate at Completion )
- Preferable six or more years of related airport operations experience.
- Bachelors’ degree; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience in communicating with all levels of line management to include executive team.
- Individual is knowledgeable and experienced in project management and can effectively plan, communicate and coordinate complex projects ( i.g. well know customer's requirement, planning, resource, cost, quality, vendor management and keep targeted schedule)
- Proven ability to gather appropriate information and provide direction to staff in handling critical, flight operations dependent, outage situations
- Effective communication in Japanese and English (written, oral, and presentation skills), negotiation, interpersonal, organizational and personnel management.
- Preferential skills and experience, Field engineering, Network design and configuration skills (CCNA), higher knowledge for Windows OS/Windows Server OS.
Provides second-tier technical support to internal and/or external customers either remotely or at the customer's desk regarding the installation, operation, move, configuration, customization, and usage of client hardware, software, network, and telecommunications systems.
Competencies & Behaviors
Job Specific Competencies
Help Others Succeed