Plant Operator 2Businesses Carrier Job ID 30001589 Date posted 02/10/2020 City Moore State South Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAS16: NOR Moore SC 2202 Duncan-Moore Highway, Moore, SC, 29369 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of Carrier. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
NORESCO has an immediate need for a Plant Operator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Primary responsibilities include start-up, shutdown, monitoring of operations, preventive maintenance and repairs on Central Utility Plant equipment including boilers, compressors, chillers, pumps, cooling tower, and ancillary equipment.
- Coordinates work with facility management, equipment OEM service personnel, NORESCO management, and subcontractors as required including LOTO responsibility
- Monitors and adjusts plant system controls to maximize performance and prevent equipment failure
- Responds to plant alarms to learn appropriate corrective action and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures
- Manages and administers data, records, and log information
- Create and close CMMS work orders as required
- This position requires Operator to work rotating, 12-hour shifts, including weekends.
- Follow all Noresco health, safety, and environmental guidelines and procedures for the facility
Level of Skill/Experience
A minimum of a high school diploma with 3-5 years operational experience or equivalent is required. Strong mechanical aptitude, basic steam plant knowledge and effective writing and verbal communications skills are also required. Previous steam plant operation and maintenance experience is preferred.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail
- Be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have practical knowledge of steam plant mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms