Senior Manager, Infrastructure Monitoring ServicesBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01326117 Date posted 06/11/2019 City Monroe State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT87: UT-NC-Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Every second a plane takes off with Collins Aerospace equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is leading Collins Aerospace to empower digITal. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace and help us to empower digITal today!
Candidate must have a thorough understanding of performance engineering methodologies, and will be responsible for managing Collins Aerospace staff, and Vendor teams to deliver high quality Monitoring services for Collins systems across the globe. Candidates should have a well-informed point of view on the changing role of information technology in supporting and enabling the business. A strong grasp of business fundamentals and ability to create the bridge between technology strategy and business strategy is a key part of this role.
Responsibilities include team staffing and performance evaluations, budget development / tracking / forecasting / bill payment, contract negotiation, system architecture, operational metric reviews, technology roadmap, and strategy. The candidate must have experience in service definition, including services catalogue, engagement process, and quality sustainment plan.
This role will require strong cross-department collaboration with architects, application leads, infrastructure tower owners, software / hardware developers, and business process owners. The candidate must have demonstrated success in driving technical issues and decisions at the organizational level, and managing vendors to SLAs and business expectations. The ability to communicate status, issues and options with management will be essential in this role.
- Manage staff and vendor / outsource contracts
- Develop and implement strategic vision
- Manage budget / assets to plan
- Developing business case for investment in Monitoring technologies
- Provide technical leadership
- Build rapport with internal and external customers
- Analyzes business needs presented by the user community and recommend solutions
- Communicate initiatives status to stakeholders
- Raise user’s sophistication and ability to leverage analytics to provide data-driven insights to frontline decision makers
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate disciple and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
Experience/Skills Required or Preferred:
- 10 years’ experience managing, architecting, and integrating Monitoring systems / technologies including Splunk, Dynatrace, Nagios, Solarwinds, OEM, etc.
5 years’ experience managing staff of 8 or more, and developing departmental budget, managing service and license contracts, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), with external contractors / service providers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel
Ability to build rapport with customers at all levels inside and outside the corporation, and across regions
- Superior Organizational and Project Management Skills
- Negotiation and Analytical skills to make sound business decisions
- Basic understanding of labor laws and management practices
- Building Effective Teams and develop direct reports
- Experience with both “On-Premise” and “Cloud” technology solutions to properly manage the most optimum for application architecture
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms