Environment, Health and Safety Generalist Intern (Summer 2020)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01341293 Date posted 08/15/2019 City Monroe State North Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC12: Customer Services - Monroe 4115 Corporate Center Drive, Monroe, NC, 28110 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
(1) partnering with the leadership team and line supervision to ensure EH&S regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations and adherence to P&W procedures and UTC EH&S Standard Practices.
(2) Identification of health & safety hazards and controls to mitigate risks.
(3) Coordinating corporate-wide programs ,risk mitigation and injury prevention initiatives, based on the needs of the site, and
(4) Participating in pollution prevention / waste reduction initiatives,
(5) Working on cross-functional projects that interface with other groups external to and within the core EH&S team
Pursuing Bachelors or Masters of Science/Engineering in EH&S or related technical field required.
GPA of 3.0 or higher
1. Experience working with a manufacturing environment.
2. Proven strong communication, strategic leadership, technical, and interpersonal skills.
3. Proven skills working as/with a team to meet highly aggressive goals.
4. EH&S Regulatory and management systems knowledge.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms