Staff Engineer, Mechanical Design - Compression Systems EngineeringBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01265132 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a Staff Engineer, Mechanical Design to be based in Connecticut.
The Staff Design Engineer supports the development of world-class compression systems located in East Hartford and/or Middletown, CT. You will design compression system hardware that meets or exceeds part and system requirements and will work collaboratively to tackle problems with integrated product teams and system design teams. You have ownership of all aspects of the design and executing to standard procedures.
As a Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Crafting new part designs
- Executing major and minor Engineering Changes (EC’s)
- Supporting hardware and engine deliveries as well as shop, vendor, assembly and test support.
- Performing tolerance stacks, failure mode and effects analysis, preliminary structural analyses and 3D modeling
- Coordinating with all supporting disciplines including as Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer & Secondary Flow, Structures, Engineering Dynamics & Loads, and Manufacturing.
- Assisting in leading the team through project design and manufacture phase.
Being responsible for the concurrent design of multiple components, interpreting analysis results for accuracy and proposing alternate solutions are key elements of this position.
10% travel is expected
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years of Design engineering experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to program requirements, with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics (UG), UG Motion, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis.
- Compression Systems Design experience
- Automated design optimization skills
- Analytical Skills
- Broad understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to build positive relationships and craft clear communication
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.