ENG-CSE-Cold Section Engineering InternshipBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01335751 Date posted 07/29/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Job Title: ENG-CSE- Cold Section Engineering Internship
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview:
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE), designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors, is currently seeking an intern.
Intern level structures engineers will be valuable members of an Integrated Product Team (IPT), consisting of project, design, structures, aerodynamic, heat transfer and systems engineers.
Conduct mechanical and functional integration activities across modules and engines systems.
Key projects & responsibilities:
Duties would involve providing support for any of the following activities in the Advanced Engine Fan CIPT:
1. Design new hardware and improve existing hardware.
2. Build finite element models, perform analysis, and determine acceptability to criteria.
- Analysis can include static stress, vibration, low cycle fatigue, high cycle fatigue and crack growth
3. Collaborate within a diverse cross-discipline team to create pre-test predictions for engine testing
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in aerospace engineering gas turbine development
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms