Account Specialist- Fan Module CenterBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01282775 Date posted 01/09/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated Account Specialist to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Are you ready to join our team?
The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. The compressor airfoils team is seeking to expand capacity in the supply base in order to support both legacy and next generation product production.
The role of Account Specialist is both exciting & challenging!
- Procurement of airfoils for a variety of Pratt & Whitney product.
- Supplier management of on-time delivery, leading indicator metrics, and capacity ramp plans.
- Cross functional coordination between Quality, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Engineering, MCL, ESA, Global Workshare (GWS) and multiple suppliers.
- New airfoil supplier introduction to Pratt & Whitney.
- Successfully transitioning product to a multi-source strategy.
- High customer visibility and the ability to build positive relationships.
- Strong project management skills to ensure successful execution of tactical plans and product transitions.
- Strong leadership to be successful in a challenging environment.
- Strong creative communication skills, specifically conversational, email, telephone, and occasional presentation.
- Holding the suppliers and Pratt & Whitney team members equally accountable to meet the milestone plan committed to the customer.
- Conduct Standard Product Purchasing, including order placement, coordinating demand and scheduling, supplier relationship management and delivery assurance.
- Comply with all aspects of the Pratt & Whitney Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW).
- Bachelors’ Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of Operations, Business, Supply Chain or Engineering experience with a Bachelors’ Degree OR Minimum 3 years of Operations, Business, Supply Chain or Engineering experience with a Masters’ Degree .
- US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Degree in in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, Supply Chain preferred.
- Proven Project Management experience.
- Experience in a Supply Chain or Project Engineering role.
- Project Management (PMP) Certification.
- Aerospace experience.
- Working knowledge in SAP.
- Craft clear communication throughout all executive and non-executive levels of the organization.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms