Safety Specialist/Project ManagerBusinesses Otis Job ID 01292355 Date posted 02/08/2019 City Los Angeles State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT543: SIA - Los Angeles, CA 2701 Media Center Dr Ste #2, Los Angeles, CA, 90065 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are currently seeking a Safety Specialist in Los Angeles, California. We are looking for a competitive individual with strong character who is energized by working on a team to meet challenges and reduce risks after careful planning. The safety professional should feel comfortable performing hazard assessments, providing recommendations to eliminate or reduce hazards utilizing hierarchy of controls, leading safety discussions, performing daily observations, conducting routine audits, investigating incidents, and engaging the workforce to continue fostering a "no one gets hurt" safety culture. The Safety Specialist shall be responsible for compiling and maintaining necessary records, logs and other reports pertaining to safety required by the company, Federal, State and Local regulations. The individual selected may also be tasked with additional duties in support of project specific activities to support the local Project management and operations teams.
- All onsite safety coordination / participate in general contractor safety meetings.
- Lead onsite company safety meetings
- Conduct OSHA 10 certification training as required.
- Coordinate and administer the annual company training requirements.
- Develops and help enforce a plan to eliminate hazards, conducting training sessions for management, supervisors, and workers on health and safety practices and regulations, as necessary.
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment, such as hoisting devices, machine guarding, etc., to ensure they meet appropriate safety regulations.
- Orders and monitors safety equipment and personal protective equipment to ensure compliance with regulations and expectations.
- If an accident occurs, investigate unsafe working conditions / actions, study possible causes, and make recommendations.
- Analyzes data and prepare reports such as injury trends, inspection & audit findings and site safety scorecards.
- Document safety inspections in accordance with company policies, cite dangerous acts or procedures and recommend corrective procedures.
- Perform safety audits/observations. Recognize and reinforce positive behaviors. Counsel employees that do not meet expectations to ensure that they understand safety policies and procedures.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers health and safety.
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relations
- Assist in additional project specific activities to support the local Project management and operations teams.
- Ensure proper inspections have been completed by tracking all hoist inspection dates and rental equipment
- Track Forklift training certifications for compliance and coordinate/conduct necessary training.
- Track all incoming deliveries
- Responsible for on-site logistics
- Project management support
Additional Requirements/Skills & Abilities
OSHA 30 and Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification required. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment. Proficient in creating / working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Education: High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
Experience: Possess a minimum of five years’ experience in the industrial maintenance or construction fields
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.