Fabrication Technician (UK7072)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 470963 Date posted 02/12/2019 City Leighton Buzzard State Bedfordshire Country United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Fabrication Technician in our Interior Systems business located in Leighton Buzzard.
To fabricate from aluminum sheets, steel sheets, tubing and extrusion components for our aerospace seating aftermarket business. Working from diagrams and drawings making components using various hand tools and shop floor machine equipment, ensuring that quality checks are maintained during the process. The type of machines and equipment commonly used in this role are Cut off Saws, Guillotine, Hydraulic Press, Fly Press, Bandsaws, Spot-Welding machine, Combined Manual Mill/Drill and Pillar Drills. During inspection the use of Height Gauges, Protractors, Radius Gauges, Verniers and Micrometers would be required. The role also requires the employee to be competent in reading engineering drawings and be able to complete light assembly work.
- Responsible for working safely
- Understands and fully complies with all of the company health and safety policies.
- Demonstrates a good duty of care to both themselves and those around them.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of safe working practices
- Responsible for the quality of their own work.
- Reporting any defects to supervision.
- Ensuring that they have adequate information to complete their task.
- Ensuring the manufacture of components is to the appropriate specifications
- Inspection of components using the appropriate equipment
- Maintaining the traceability of all components
- Participate in Continuous Improvements activities.
- Assist the cell leaders and production engineers in developing standard work instructions that incorporate best practice using the various lean tools.
- Ensuring any need for rework is reported immediately to cell leader to ensure all non-value added activities are removed at source
- Performs tasks and supports projects under general supervision
- Other Duties.
- Maintain a high standard of Housekeeping
- Basic maintenance and storage of tooling
- Basic maintenance of shop floor machinery (TPM - Total Productive Maintenance)
- Booking of operations on a MRP system
- Independently resolves routine to moderately problems
- Any other reasonable duties
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent)
- Problem Solving Skills within an engineering environment
- Continuous Improvement and 5S Mindset
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of administration skills and is computer literate with Microsoft Office.
- Full driving licence would be an advantage
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Your personal data is collected and processed by Collins Aerospace Leighton Buzzard (the “Company”) for recruitment purposes only. The Company will transfer your personal data to its ultimate parent company B/E Aerospace, Inc in the United States of America for HR management purposes, in accordance with standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify it if necessary and to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are providing your personal data to the Company voluntarily.