Accounts Assistant ApprenticeBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 469536 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Leighton Buzzard Country United Kingdom
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and we currently have some exciting positions based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including an Accounting Assistant Apprentice.
Reporting to the Finance Shared Service Manager, the Accounting Assistant Apprentice will provide accounting support for the Leighton Buzzard based businesses.
Key responsibilities include –
- Provision of General Accounting support across the Leighton Buzzard site, the main function of the role will primarily be Accounts Payable tasks.
- Review of the accuracy of charges from temporary labour providers, with respect to hours and rates charged
- Liaison with vendors to resolve issues or discrepancies in invoices
- Accurate coding of invoices for processing into the purchase and general ledgers
- Provision of general administrative support within the Finance team
In addition to this, there will be an opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
- Preparation and posting general ledger journals
- Review and posting of credit card expenditure
- Control of petty cash
- Purchase order/ Accounts payable query resolution
- Involvement in preparation of VAT returns / Intrastat / EC Sales reports
- Inter-company accounting
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Accounting for fixed assets
The successful candidate will have the following –
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel
Your personal data is collected and processed by B/E Aerospace, Leighton Buzzard (the “Company”) for recruitment purposes only. The Company will transfer your personal data to its ultimate parent company B/E Aerospace, Inc. in the United States of America for HR management purposes, in accordance with standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify it if necessary and to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are providing your personal data to the Company voluntarily.