Plant Operator II (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01288937 Date posted 01/18/2019 City Kingston State Rhode Island Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAR04: NOR URI University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, 02881 USA
Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
NORESCO has an immediate need for a Plant Operator at the Pastore Center in Cranston, RI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Operate all plant equipment and systems in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain plant operating equipment and the premises in a clean and orderly manner.
- Record all reading and logs required to ensure proper operation of all plant equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain mechanical, electrical, electronic and pneumatic equipment including metering, instrumentation and controls.
- Maintain records on equipment as required.
- Test and adjust boiler water and steam system chemistry as needed.
- Report all unusual, improper or unsafe conditions to the direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Follow all Noresco health, safety, and environmental guidelines and procedures for the facility
Level of Skill/Experience
A minimum of a high school diploma with 3-5 years operational experience or equivalent is required. Strong mechanical aptitude, basic steam plant knowledge and effective writing and verbal communications skills are also required. Previous steam plant operation and maintenance experience is preferred.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail
- Be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Must have practical knowledge of steam plant mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
This job is a shift position and may require the employee to work rotating, 12 hour shifts.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.