EHS OfficerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 472374 Date posted 09/11/2019 City Kilkeel (Northern Ireland) State United Kingdom Country United Kingdom
JOB TITLE: Environment, Health & Safety Officer
DEPARTMENT: Environment, Health & Safety
RESPONSIBLE TO: Environment, Health & Safety Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. The post-holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
2 Moor Road
Responsible for the continuous improvement and ongoing management of the Environment, Health & Safety Management Systems for the Kilkeel Facility.
- Maintain and continually improve B/E’s EHS management systems in line with ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
- Act as an ambassador for the EHS function
- Develop and lead initiatives to improve EHS culture and results
- Provide training and information on Health, Safety, Environmental and current legislation.
- Provide ongoing environmental, health & safety support and guidance to departments to enable them to improve their EHS performance in line with fast paced changing priorities
- Liaise with external bodies
- Developing and maintaining EHS programs to ensure legal compliance
- Support accident, incident and near miss investigations and provide advice on corrective action/s.
- Monitor, measure and complete trend analysis on key EHS metrics and support the development of corrective action plans for continual improvement of the site’s EHS performance
- Work with other B/E sites UK & USA in aligning policies and processes
- Undertake internal and second party Audits.
- Develop EHS PowerPoint presentations and deliver training in a confident manner to operatives and Senior Managers alike.
- Deputize in the absence of the EHS Manager
- Any other duties in line with the position as required
Job knowledge: has the job knowledge and technical skills to understand his/her duties and responsibilities
Continuous Improvement: Constantly measures for the effectiveness of processes and strives to meet more difficult objectives. Generates new ideas and manages change effectively
Collaborative Skills: Initiates and develops relationships and gains the confidence and cooperation of people within and outside the business
Results Focus / Execution: A results orientated employee who sets challenging goals and achieves results, whilst prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels. Has the ability to adapt style and listens to and values different opinions
Problem solving / Decision making: Evaluates, generates and implements problem-solving solutions. Has the ability to analyse situations systematically and make effective decisions
Planning & Organising: Develops realistic work plans and sets goals and aligns personal plans/goals with company goals. Manages time well and effectively, including personal attendance and on-time performance
- 3rd level qualification in related field and 1 years’ experience in a H&S role
2 years’ experience in a H&S role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in implementing ISO 140001 and ISO 45001
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Certificate Qualification or equivalent
- Experience in a comparable role within a manufacturing environment
- Train the trainer qualification
- Experience in managing ISO 50001
- Hold Grad IOSH or higher
- Hold a recognised auditing qualification relating to EHS
- Able to demonstrate good chemical safety knowledge and awareness
- Able to demonstrate good fire safety knowledge and awareness
The shortlisting panel reserve the right to use the desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes.
If you have applied via a recruitment agency, please specify the name of the recruitment agency: