Sr. CounselBusinesses Carrier Job ID 30000123 Date posted 01/24/2020 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG11: ALC Other HG 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
Carrier Corporation is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Building automation systems that make sense! Our Automated Logic division is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat. Whether you're a seasoned in-house counsel or looking to make the move to an in-house position, we may have the opportunity you've been seeking to work in a dynamic, energetic environment!
The major job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as business unit legal counsel providing support and guidance for two Carrier operating units: Automated Logic Corporation, a leading manufacturer of building automation systems and software, and Automated Logic Contracting Services, Inc., a factory-owned construction and services business.
- Review, draft and negotiate of a wide range of contracts with distribution channel partners, customers, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Construction dispute resolution, including managing outside counsel in ADR, litigation, and collections matters.
- Review marketing materials including advertisements, product materials and presentations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to effectively manage risk while meeting business objectives. Carry out routine field office assessments.
- Provide ad hoc legal advice on a wide range of issues including antitrust, procurement, channel management, IoT and data privacy laws, licensing and customer disputes.
- Assist with internal investigations.
- Corporate governance and M&A.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Moderate travel required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5-7+ years of legal experience preferred, ideally including several years of in-house practice.
- Significant construction law experience which includes handling construction litigation.
- Significant experience managing a wide range of transactions, including construction, purchase/sale, licensing, procurement and M&A.
- Experience advising business leaders at various levels of the organization.
- Strong writing and communication/intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to independently prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a highly matrixed organization with multiple reporting channels and shared resources.
- Fluency in English required.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- JD degree from an accredited institution and license to practice law.
- Business degree a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms