Sr Assoc, Technical PublicationsBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01257562 Date posted 01/11/2019 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG11: ALC Other HG 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
POSITION: Sr Assoc, Technical Publications
GO BY TITLE: Technical Publications Writer
JOB CODE: COMTPBP2
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
TRAVEL REQUIRED: < 5%
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls and Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation, a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier’s Ductless & VRF is a stand-alone P&L in one of the fastest growing product segments of North American HVAC. Consisting of an Atlanta-based core team, two global joint ventures, and the support of North American HVAC shared services, the business is currently realizing the benefits of a long-term strategy to develop a customer-focused culture in support of an industry-leading product line.
If you are looking for a role that combines your drive to succeed with a passion for creating technical content within the HVAC business, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a results-oriented Technical Publications writer in Atlanta, GA for ductless and VRF HVAC systems.
- Research the function and operation of the product; clarify issues with appropriate personnel.
- Create and develop technical literature used at point of sale, pre-sale, installation, start-up, and service and maintenance.
- Responsible for other requests including, but not limited to, quarterly reports, annual catalogs, price pages.
- Revise and edit manuals, review art-work and printers proofs for accuracy.
- Creation of SAP technical literature setup sheets.
- Coordinate literature activities to meet objectives and strategies.
TYPICAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- AA/AS degree w/5-10+ years experience
- BA/BS degree w/2-5+ years experience
- MA/MS degree w/0-2+ years experience
- Writing experience in mechanical or electrical trades
- Knowledge of technical illustrating
- Knowledge in graphics and printing production methods
- Knowledge of desk top publishing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data, drawings, and diagrams
- Ability to organize written material, type, layout proofread and edit copy
- Ability to project manage
- Proven capability to communicate professionally in written and verbal format
- Proven capability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with customers (internal and external) required
- HVAC industry knowledge a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.