Product Owner -- HVAC Control Design ToolsBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01312490 Date posted 05/01/2019 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAG10: ALC HQ 1025 Cobb Place Blvd, Kennesaw, GA, 30144 USA
Automated Logic Corporation (ALC) is looking for a qualified candidate to serve a Product Owner role for on-going management, enhancement, and support of ALC’s suite of engineering design tools for our various go-to-market channel partners. Individuals with a strong background in project engineering at the field office level for the building automation and controls business segment will be preferred candidates.
This role will be responsible for on-going engagement with the users of these products to gather feedback in key areas such as product usability, productivity enhancements, feature enhancements, bugs & defects, and so on. Using this feedback, they will then prioritize and manage both in-house and external development resources toward continuous improvement of the products with clearly defined and prioritized requirements and statements of work. Included in this on-going work will be ensuring that the products remain up-to-date and relevant to software updates (regarding 3rd party software packages that are leveraged), properly updated for bugs/defects/security, and actively managed from a technical support case perspective. Another key role will also be to ensure that the product databases are continuously updated and aligned with the latest product releases, pricing catalogs, drawing templates, data sheets, etc.
Solicit and analyze customer feedback
Triage and provide feedback for Tech Support cases
On-going database management of ALC products and alignment with product releases
Maintaining & managing a dynamic backlog list of product updates & enhancements
Translating high-level product needs into detailed development requirements & statements of work
Managing on-going budgets and contract work with 3rd party developers
Experience and Qualifications
- HS Diploma, college degree preferred
- At least 1year past direct technical experience & knowledge working with ALC’s Engineering Design Suite (EDS), Visio, AutoCad and/or Carrier’s ComfortDraw controls job design & submittal packages
- Product Owner & agile development process experience a big plus
- Applications engineering experience
- Field and/or factory controls installation experience
- Experience working with R&D teams
- Project management experience
- At least 4 years of experience in commercial HVAC building & equipment controls
- At least 2 years experience in field project engineering work with a Building Automation & Control Systems (BACS) company
- Strong background and/or understanding of BACS industry project flow, engineering design disciplines, and BACS industry products
- Strong understanding and comfort level with software databases, engineering drafting tools, and general software applications
- Ability to work directly with customers to uncover product needs, opportunities, and problems they are trying to solve.
- Ability to sift through details quickly and determine what’s important
- Ability to work in a fast paced exciting environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers at various levels within an organization
- Capacity for empathy and the ability to relate to, understand and weigh the interests of a variety of audiences simultaneously
- Strong and focused team player and a consensus builder
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms