Intelligent Buildings System EngineerBusinesses UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 61855BR Date posted 02/23/2018 City Kennesaw State Georgia Country US
AdvanTEC is a premier team of Building System Experts at United Technologies Corp. (UTC). This team, part of UTC's Building Solutions Group; develops, markets, and supports sales of innovative intelligent building solutions. The AdvanTEC team creates and deploys rapid prototypes of solutions that solve customer problems and leverage the broad portfolio of UTC's products and expertise.
Reporting to the Director - AdvanTEC, this position will require a hands-on person responsible to help resolve customer pain points by gaining insights into building and equipment operation through observation and analysis to create and deploy new innovative solutions. This position will require working with AdvanTEC engineering team members located in France, China, and the US in the creation of new solutions, and with UTC business units for the deployment of solutions in customer's buildings across North America
Product concept innovation/development:
- Work with marketing and sales team members to identify opportunities for new product concepts and define functional requirements.
- Lead customer discovery sessions.
- Utilize rapid prototyping tools, modeling and simulation and existing products, as needed, to rapidly prototype new concepts to validate viability as well as to refine product requirements.
System concept design/development:
- Perform system analysis of distributed control systems.
- Define technical requirements in support of software and hardware development.
- Design and construct concept prototypes for demonstration and evaluation by the modification of existing products.
- Conduct prototype demonstrations at customer sites to validate technical and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance on AdvanTEC developed solutions to UTC business units.
- Provide change management coordination and support for solutions in development by AdvanTEC.
- Support the creation and management of project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate and track development work being performed.
- Ensure appropriate level of technical rigor and quality through the appropriate application of product development standard work
- Broad technical background with expertise in one of the following:
- Building Automation systems
- Building security and access control systems
- Fire detection and suppresion systems
- A background in product development or building system application engineering
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Ability to define use cases and technical requirements and develop test plans
- Able to use modeling and simulation tools in support of new system design and analysis
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Experience working with globally distributed development teams, and work with and/or manage work being performed by 3rd party contract developers
- Able to estimate development effort and duration, is able to manage work being performed to ensure project deliverables are satisfied within budget and schedule
Education: A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is required. A graduate degree is preferred.
Typical education requirements:
- BS degree with 10 years experience
- MS degree with 5 years experience
- PhD with 5 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.