Maintenance Mechanic II - 4th ShiftBusinesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77514BR Date posted 12/07/2018 City Jamestown State North Dakota Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
Maintain and repair production and facility equipment with the emphasis on repairs to production equipment including CNC equipment.
- Maintain and repair metal cutting equipment including CNC’s
- Maintain and repair facility equipment including HVAC mechanical systems
- Must be able to perform the duties of the Machine / Facility Serviceman
- Occasionally exposed to Cold, Heat, Dust, Moving Mechanical Parts, and Electric Hazards
- Laser work
- Noise (above 85 dBA) which would require hearing protection.
- Must adhere to all E,H & S regulations and policies as well as attend related training courses
- Follow the E,H & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the Company Policy MP5322
- 4+ years of experience in lieu of education –Experience must include related areas in a machine shop or repair shop setting or prior military training and experience
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electricity
- Must be able to use and operate hand and power tools properly and safely
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to operate a fork lift and powered man and scissor lifts
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be available to work off shift hours and holidays.
- Must be able to operate snow removal equipment including plow and skid steer loader.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- This is a weekend Position Fri-Sat-Sun 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 P.M.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
- Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree (Two years)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.