Machinist InternBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01292201 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Jamestown State North Dakota Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HND01: Interiors (Cargo) - Jamestown 2604 Highway 20 North, Jamestown, ND, 58401 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- This position will be used for training individuals that are interested in future Machinist I job openings at Cargo Systems. Candidates will typically be accepted and enrolled in a Technical School for a machinist program.
- Job duties for this position include working jointly with an experienced Machinist to assist in day to day activity in the machine shop including part loading / unloading, deburring parts, surface blending on parts, equipment TPM tasks, tool set up, and part inspection.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma is required. Candidate must be accepted and enrolled in a Technical School for a machinist program.
- Candidate must have basic math skills, ability to lift up to 40 lbs, ability to work on feet for all of portion of work shift, good communication and teamwork skills, and basic understanding and ability to use simple hand tools.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms