SAP Business Analyst (Manufacturing)Businesses UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS Job ID 77458BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City Jacksonville State Florida Country US
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of Collins Aerospace. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
In this business-critical role, you will serve as SAP Business Advisor for (principally) production operations, functioning as the liaison between the Engineered Polymer Products business in Jacksonville and the central SAP support team.
You will take point on significant process and configuration engineering initiative for this rapidly growing business, including a second site currently under development
As SAP Business Analyst, you will.
- Answer day to day SAP inquiries from the business relating to the below functional areas of SAP
- Analyzie gaps in business knowledge, developing and deploying Standard Job Instructions (SJI) on projects being implemented
- Develop test scripts & coordinate Engineered Polymer Products business user testing for Production Planning (PP), Plant Maintenance (PM) and Quality Management (QM) modules for all projects assigned
- Apply your knowledge and experience of the SAP system capabilities to identify, drive and implement business and system improvement opportunities; accumulating and prioritizing requirements / bugs with the business
- Act as the SAP liaison for lean events conducted by the business
- Perform proactive research where necessary to recommend the most optimum solution
- Create detailed enhancement designs based on the opportunities above, to present and prioritize them
Your 4 primary focus areas will be:
- Production Operations
- Inventory management
- Plant Maintenance
- Quality Notifications
Additionally, you will support:
- Sales and Distribution
- Supply Chain Management
- Finance / Accounting
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
4 or more years of experience as an SAP Business Analyst, with hands-on experience (at least one cycle) implementing and/or re-configuring Production-related modules of SAP 4.7 or higher.
ABAP programming / debugging experience
Experience with additional SAP components, such as Finance / Accounting (FI/CO, etc.), Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Business Warehousing (BW), etc.
Experience in both internal SAP Analyst role and in external consulting / implementation partner role
Project Management experience
Aerospace, Marine Vessel or Defense industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.