Infrastructure Site Technician - Jacksonville, FLBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01360692 Date posted 10/10/2019 City Jacksonville State Florida Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HFL04: ASG Jacksonville-Blount Island 6061 BF Goodrich Blvd , Jacksonville, FL, 32226 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is for a staff IT Support technician who is under moderate supervision. Conduct moderately complex documentation activities. Coordinates installation of moderately complex hardware and software. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning work of technical/business support employees.
• Works under moderate supervision to provide assistance in one or more disciplines within IT, (e.g. business and technical application, IT infrastructure, security and compliance, desktop support, database maintenance etc.).
• Conduct moderately complex documentation activities, including installation procedures, configuration procedures, etc.
• Provides end users with desktop and system support to solve moderately complex problems.
• Coordinates installation of moderately complex hardware, software, operating systems and network hardware.
• Identifies system operation problems and recommends actions for problem solving, system maintenance, updates, upgrades and enhancements.
• Checks and analyzes operating system or application log files regularly to verify proper system performance.
• Coordinates with development and business teams to analyze and discuss user needs.
• Assists with risk assessments and execution of data tests to ensure system functionality.
• Installs, configures, administers, supports and maintains systems, including associated hardware assets.
• Identifies, prioritizes, researches and resolves problems.
• Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
• Supports disciplines within the function.
• Enters, reviews and analyzes data in databases.
• Ensures data integrity, makes decisions affecting user access, documents and records attributes, and formulates database query and retrieval scripts.
• Performs a variety of duties in support of computer, network and client server units.
• Reviews input and output data to verify adequacy, appropriateness, completeness, and adherence to quality standards.
This position requires either:
• An AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required OR
• A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 2 years of relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms