Systems Engineer (2)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01374625 Date posted 12/05/2019 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is seeking a highly motivated IoT System Architect to provide technical leadership to our global teams that develop Carrier’s IoT solutions. These solutions require the coordination of the development of cloud, mobile app, and embedded controls technologies. This individual would be responsible for architecting our overall solution and defining the technologies to achieve these solutions. The Architect will work with Product Marketing to partition system requirements amongst the cloud, mobile, and embedded controls.
The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect working with our team to further optimize our software ecosystem for scale and speed in imaginative and innovative ways. You will be integral team member in defining and integrating our products into the Connected Home.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is seeking a highly motivated Embedded System Engineer to work with a team of engineers responsible for developing embedded solutions that drive the Carrier HVAC equipment and connectivity. The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect working with our team to enhance current and define future HVAC control systems.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to adhoc assignments as needed.
- Work closely with marketing and customers to define HVAC control systems
- Understanding the systems development life cycle and processes
- Work closely with software, hardware, validation/reliability and manufacturing engineering disciplines
- Make decisions on tradeoffs in product design between hardware and software
- Write specifications, test plans, special test software/scripts for system verification and validation
- Actively participate in the project planning process (e.g. estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Balance sustaining and new product development projects
- Document Systems and functional Requirements and Design Architecture
- Develop and execute systems level test cases/plans
- Participate in risk identification reviews
- Works effectively with various engineering functions/disciplines; systems, hardware, validation/reliability and manufacturing
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a project team
- Actively participates in the project planning process (e.g. estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Balances the responsibilities of sustaining and new product development projects
- Participates in risk identification reviews
- Writes specifications and test plans
- Completes systems integration and software requirements
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with limited guidance on projects with short-term focus
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/MS in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- 7 - 10 years of systems Engineering experience with embedded controls products
- Experience in the use of IBM DOORS/DOORS NG
- Experience with requirements elicitation/analysis
- Experience with 8, 16, and 32 Microcontrollers
- Experience with various wireless protocols (Wi-Fi, BT, etc.)
- Ability to provide technical leadership in a cross-competency environment
- Understanding of C and C++ programming languages
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Digital, Analog, and Power Hardware experience (preferred)
- Controls Systems/Algorithm Design experience (preferred)
- MATLAB/Simulink, LabView (preferred)
- HVAC Controls System Design experience (preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms