Firmware Engineer (2)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01373273 Date posted 11/27/2019 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is seeking a highly motivated IoT System Architect to provide technical leadership to our global teams that develop Carrier’s IoT solutions. These solutions require the coordination of the development of cloud, mobile app, and embedded controls technologies. This individual would be responsible for architecting our overall solution and defining the technologies to achieve these solutions. The Architect will work with Product Marketing to partition system requirements amongst the cloud, mobile, and embedded controls.
The ideal candidate is excited by the prospect working with our team to further optimize our software ecosystem for scale and speed in imaginative and innovative ways. You will be integral team member in defining and integrating our products into the Connected Home.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to adhoc assignments as needed.
- Develop embedded software in support of Carrier’s wall controls and thermostats
- Participate with Carrier’s Marketing organization to help define the technology roadmap for future Connected Home features and products
- Develop embedded software in support of Carrier’s HVAC control systems
- Develop user friendly GUIs for Carrier’s wall controls and thermostats
- Understands the software development life cycle and processes using model based development
- Works effectively with various engineering functions/disciplines; systems, hardware, validation/reliability and manufacturing
- Writes special test software for hardware and validation/reliability engineering
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a project team
- Actively participates in the project planning process (e.g. estimates for project plan tasks, resources, completion time, capital requirements, risks, expenses, etc.)
- Balances the responsibilities of sustaining and new product development projects
- Completes prototype and test software development
- Participates in risk identification reviews
- Writes specifications and test plans
- Leads and participates in software inspections and design reviews
- Completes systems integration and software requirements
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7 - 10 years of software development experience
- Understanding of C, C++ and JAVA programming languages
- Experience with various connectivity protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, Zigbee, etc.)
- Experience with socket APIs
- RTOS experience
- Experience with software architecture and design patterns
- Familiarity with debugging
- Experience with configuration/change management systems such as PVCS or Rational Team Concert
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Linux/Android (preferred)
- Experience with ARM Microcontrollers (preferred)
- Model Based Development using IBM Rhapsody and Matlab/State Flow (preferred)
- (HVAC) System Design Experience (preferred)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms