Cooling New Product Development EngineerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01289298 Date posted 01/23/2019 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The candidate will be responsible for designing residential split system product that meets market requirements. In addition, the candidate will provide technical support and guidance to other business functions to support quality, manufacturing, and supply chain objectives.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented engineer to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in addition to ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences including but not limited to; cross functional team members, senior leaders, global suppliers, and external customers including service managers and technicians.
- Collaborate with internal functions to support key metrics for a program and ensure all goals are achieved
- Partner with design team members to understand and translate design and process engineering requirements into product line design components, subsystems and products
- Collaborate with lab technicians to complete performance testing, reliability testing and agency testing requirements
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Complete discrete tasks to meet design and project objectives
- Basic system or sub system design with direct guidance
- Applies in fundamental knowledge of Mechanical and/or materials engineering
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will possess a mechanical engineering BA/BS degree with at least 10 years of experience, or an advanced degree with at least 7 years of experience.
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and work independently under minimum direction and without day-to-day supervision to prioritize work to meet customer needs
- Extensive experience with residential HVAC manufacturing processes
- Experience working in a team environment within (Design Services, Test Labs and Model Shop) and outside of functional support groups (Product Quality, Supplier Quality, Marketing, Manufacturing, Sourcing)
- Understanding of Industry-wide accepted system engineering tools
- Knowledge of and experience using design for six sigma principles
- Strong skills with Microsoft; Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while managing multiple priorities
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and standardize processes
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve HVAC system problems
- Understand electronic controls function in HVAC equipment
- Ability to model/design and qualify (i.e. performance and reliability) HVAC systems
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Ability to understand product/component function, reliability and quality requirements
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.