Accounting ManagerBusinesses Carrier Job ID 01287765 Date posted 02/11/2019 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis, IN, 46231 USA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Manager located at our Indianapolis, Indiana manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team of accounting and finance professionals supporting a high volume manufacturing operation. Overall, this position will provide financial support in the general accounting area including monthly financial close, oversight of the Payroll and Fixed Assets functions, inventory control & standard costs, SOX Compliance, and coordination of financial audits.
- Lead the Indy factory’s accounting function with oversight of two accounting personnel
- Oversee cost accounting function including: bill of material accuracy, standard cost development, monthly inventory reconciliation, annual physical inventory, periodic excess & obsolete analysis and purchase price variance analysis
- Oversee fixed asset and capital project accounting; ensure fixed assets are capitalized accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversee local payroll function with a focus on working cross-functionally with HR and IT to find process improvements.
- Lead the month end closing process with a particular focus on the accurate reporting of factory results.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations and work with account owners to address reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Ensure strong internal controls and SOX compliance by leading efforts to maintain, create and enhance Sarbanes Oxley documentation and coordinating internal and external audit activities.
- Analysis of material productivity reports, work with Supply Chain team to understand material price fluctuations that’ll impact our purchase price variance forecast.
- Provide accounting support to plant and finance leadership as required.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
CPA or CMA preferred. A master’s degree would be a plus, but not required.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting or Finance with 2-3 years working in a manufacturing environment
- Some public accounting audit experience, preferably with clients where Sarbanes Oxley requirements were applicable
- Knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal controls procedures.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present his or her recommendations effectively to Senior Management in both written form and orally.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and delivering a quality work product on time.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a desire and potential for advancement
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements. UTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified Associates who are interested in this opening are encouraged to apply. To make your interest known, please apply via the Job Connections function within the Employee Self Service (ESS) tool before the closing date.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.