Specialist, Quality Supplier & DevelopmentBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01275035 Date posted 01/02/2019 City Independence State Ohio Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HOH06: Landing Gear - Independence 6225 Oak Tree Blvd, Independence, OH, 44131 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- Performing or providing training for product inspection and approval of supplied products.
- Issuing and approving corrective actions to suppliers using UTAS/LS business tools.
- Review and approval of compliance documentation including AS9102 First Article Reports and UTAS/LS required inspection documents.
- Conduct investigations at suppliers to develop root cause and corrective action involving escapes to a LS site or customer.
- Perform scheduled and qualified audits to industry (AS9100) and/or UTAS/LS quality system requirements.
- Support the execution of zero defect plans, work transfer, UPPAP, and QN reduction initiatives at supplier locations.
- 5 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years in the quality manufacturing area.
- Fully competent in Blue Print, 3D Model, and GD&T knowledge.
- Competent in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action methodology.
- Practitioner in Process Flow Diagramming, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), and Control Plans
- Understanding principles of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Gauge R&R and SPC.
- Experience in First Article Inspection Reporting
- Auditing experience.
- Incumbent will be expected to travel 40% of the time to support supplier auditing activities, etc.
- Aerospace Manufacturing Quality experience.
- AS9100 auditing experience.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt
- First Article Inspection Reporting per AS9102 (current rev.)
- Knowledge of SAE J J1739 for Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred Engineering) from and Accredited Institution
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.