Commissioning TechnicianBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 17608 Date posted 12/03/2019 City Ilkeston State Derbyshire Country United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 17608
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Commissioning Technician to join our team in Ilkeston, Derby. At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
• A Commissioning engineer acts as a member of the Hardware Team to work towards the Hardware tasks assigned by the Manager.
• The Team is responsible for the creation, assembly; testing, packaging, shipping and installation of company Hardware products.
• A Commissioning engineer is responsible for completing hardware support tasks assigned to them by the line Manager according to the priorities of the tasks assigned and within the framework of customer sites of operation (typically airports).
• The Commissioning Engineer should have an understanding of basic electrical and mechanical processes.
• The Commissioning Engineer role requires a calm and effective communicator who can work with or without supervision to meet manufacturing deadlines.
• Assembly of products
• Software and process testing of products
• Connections of products to other services and peripherals (conveyor belts, weigh scales, power and network)
• Commissioning of components and parts
• Safe Packaging and storage of products and parts, in line with company procedures
• Maintaining inventory stock control of components and products within base office, including Hardware parts stock handling and serial numbering
• Fault diagnosis and repairs at the premises
• Working as part of the Hardware Team, with colleagues of all levels to achieve the specific Hardware office goals.
• Taking support calls, completing support diagnosis processes on the telephone, updating and monitoring support tickets via the helpdesk system, referring support tickets to appropriate members of the team.
• Dealing with vendors directly face to face, via telephone and email in a professional and courteous manner
• Working on site in a safe and professional manner
• To establish and maintain productive, professional relationships with customers & vendors.
• To provide the manager with updates on the progress of their own work and any further information that may be required by the Manager.
• To communicate in a clear and concise manner to allow level 1 operative in the field and staff from other departments to remotely conduct remedial and upgrade tests and activities.
• To attend yearly reviews with the Manager to be used as supporting evidence for individual reviews carried out by the Company.
• To prioritise and manage their own workload according to priority of orders and installation schedule as dictated by the line manager.
• To assist in the production, management and dissemination of standard and custom operational reports as required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and ability to understand and prioritise information from various sources
• Ability to work to a deadline
• Ability to work as part of a team with shared responsibilities
• Basic Electrical Skills (Evidenced with appropriate qualifications) desirable
• Full UK Driving Licence desirable
• UK or EU Nationality or other recognised status to work and travel around the globe without restriction
• Understanding that a DBS with Enhanced Disclosure / Disclosure Scotland will be sought of the successful applicant.
• Knowledge of MS Office suite
• Knowledge of basic computing hardware and networking
• Basic Conveyor or Control Systems skills
• Understanding of airport processes
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.