Software Test EngineerApply Business Unit UTC Climate Controls & Security Job ID 43858BR Date posted 03/03/2017 City Huntington State Indiana Country United States
The Senior Software Test Engineer is responsible to execute full lifecycle software development using well designed, testable, and efficient code. The candidate must have the ability to plan and execute projects to completion on time at required performance levels, including complete and accurate documentation. This candidate will write modules to be used across multiple platforms to efficiently and accurately communicate via multiple protocols and with various measurement instruments. This position will develop the software architecture that Test Engineers will use to develop test programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Write web applications for displaying factory floor information
- Write and maintain different back-end windows applications
- Write modules to communicate with various Instruments using IVI drivers
- Proven work experience as a computer software engineer or software developer
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, VB
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience in developing windows applications
- Experience in developing web applications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Ability to read, interpret, and create technical documents
- Ability to travel out of the country. Estimated 10% of duties
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.
Right to Work
EEO is the Law