Sr Associate, Application Systems AdministratorBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01305661 Date posted 05/15/2019 City Houston State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX35: Houston, TX 2925 Briarpark Dr, 7th Floor , Houston, TX, 77042-3720 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
As a Systems Administrator for the Information Management Services business unit, you are responsible for the disciplined management and overall health and performance of internal and revenue-generating business applications. You will work in cross-functional teams with members of IT, engineering, and business operational departments to design, deploy, and support business applications and application infrastructure.
- Executes change management and release engineering procedures for new software product releases
- Resolves incidents reported through monitoring and incident management ticket systems
- Contributes to and maintains knowledge base, support documentation, technical drawings, and incident resolution/troubleshooting documentation
- Participates in application design review to ensure appropriate design and security needs are met
- Participates in a scheduled on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years of relevent expereince. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience with release management tools, procedures, and best practices
- 1-2yrs end-user experience in an enterprise class Windows environment
- 1-2yrs experience supporting mixed operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash)
- 1-2yrs work experience or equivalent training/certification with IIS
- 1-2yrs work experience or equivalent training/certification with .NET Framework 4.5, windows services, web services
- 1-2yrs experience with Atlassian applications
- Must demonstrate knowledge of SLAs, major incident escalation procedures, and root cause analysis
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
- Understanding of Docker containers
- Experience with Citrix XenApp applications and administrator tools
- Understanding of hybrid hosting (cloud + on-premise) solutions
- Knowledge of data center technologies (load balancers, virtualization technologies, SaaS)
Skills & Attributes
- Analysis - possesses effective problem-solving techniques for issue mapping, prioritizing, and resolving
- Accountability - owns the problem and works efficiently to implement sound solutions
- Teamwork - excels in a team-oriented environment, relying on peers for support and providing support when needed
- Customer Focus - possesses the relational skills needed to provide a positive experience for both internal and external customers as well as project stakeholders
- Dependability - Adheres to Collins Aerospace corporate policies and procedures and adopts internal and external best practices in day to day work
- Judgment - Appreciates the importance of basing decisions on factual information and sound logic
- Communication - provides continuous situational awareness to the team and to leadership, directly and via incident work logs
- Relationships - Understands the importance of remaining compassionate and empathic when working with others to resolve problems
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms