O&M Area Manager (NORESCO)Businesses Carrier Job ID 01270767 Date posted 01/10/2019 City Honolulu State Hawaii Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:CAH02: NOR Honolulu 3375 Koapaka Street, Honolulu, HI, 96819 USA
Exciting Things are happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for an Area Manager in Hawaii to manage operations and maintenance activities at multiple project sites.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be able to successfully complete the following tasks:
- Management/engineering experience pertaining to all Building/Facilities Operations, Maintenance and repair (10+ years)
- Employee supervision experience (5+ years)
- Experience working with customers and managing/directing subcontractors (5+ years)
- Experience with large multi-year O&M service contracts, including writing contract scopes and reviewing terms & conditions
- Extensive HVAC and DDC background, management and hands-on (10+ years)
- College graduate preferred (Business or Engineering field)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills both English and Japanese
- Experience with equipment & system troubleshooting and root cause analyses
- Experience with software Work Order systems
- Tracks all work activates of assigned projects and generates monthly reports
- Tracks all project budgets and generates annual forecasts
Education / Certifications
- Business or Engineering degree
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Word and Excel spreadsheets required
- Advanced level computer skills required
- Some hands-on work required as needed
- 30-40% Travel, including Japan, Okinawa & Guam
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills both English & Japanese Required
Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required
This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms