Sr Engineer, Mechanical EnigeeringBusiness Unit UTC Climate, Controls & Security Job ID 58515BR Date posted 01/02/2018 City Harrisburg State Pennsylvania Country US
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Building automation systems that make sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
- Responsible for the complete engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy
- management systems
- Produce control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operation, software design and bill of material lists by applying automatic temperature and energy management products in accordance with project specifications; Typical projects include schools, small office spaces and small retrofit projects
- Reviews internal project estimates, contract (mechanical and electrical) plans and coordinate design requirements with field installation team members
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation
- Attend the Sales to Operations Turnover Meeting and accept full responsibility for the
- project design documents
- Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines. Identify all projects that do not meet the budget and itemize the variances
- Must possess the ability work well with others in a team environment as well as individually
- Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to organize and plan a work schedule
- Must possess the ability to work without close supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Must be able to multitask; be able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Good time management skills
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years experienced designing control systems
- Knowledgeable in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/control industry
- Familiar with Automated Logic's product line, and other control end devices
- Able to design basic projects related to HVAC controls, BAS management
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Suite to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and other Windows products as required
- Familiar with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 0-2 years of experience in project design in the HVAC controls industry
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.