Maintenance TechnicianBusinesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292762 Date posted 02/12/2019 City Grand Prairie State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:PW133: Arlington 1177 Great Southwest Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX, 75050 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
PrattandWhitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Troubleshoot, repair, and perform predictive and preventive maintenance on machinery related to aerospace component repairs; vacuum furnaces, heat treating equipment, CNC machine tools, sand blasting equipment, and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, pumps, manual and computer controlled machine tools and supporting equipment by performing the following duties:
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, vacuum, and light electrical/ electronic problems on a variety of machine tools.
• Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, repair manuals, schematics, instruction sheets on mechanical and electrical/ electronic assembles.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions.
• Perform general maintenance on AC and DC motors, pumps, belts, pulleys, gearboxes, speed reducers, and ball screw motion systems.
• Familiar with CNC, Programmable Logic Controllers, electronic controllers, contractors, single and poly phase power.
• Ability to work from priority list.
• General working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations. Education and Experience:
• General knowledge in electrical and electronic systems.
• General DMM use for troubleshooting.
• Formal training in vacuum and robotic systems a plus.
• HVAC license a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Trouble shoot, diagnose and repair machine tools. (CNC and manual)
• Predictive and Preventive maintenance on vacuum equipment, sand blasting equipment, and various pieces of machinery.
• Perform general facilities maintenance.
• Perform general process maintenance (Pumps, motors, furnaces and furnace controllers).
• Maintain spare parts inventory levels.
• Be able to work overtime.
• First shift training shall be required.
• High School or GED
• High School or GED
• 2 experience years in machine repair.
• Training in machine tool maintenance.
General knowledge in electrical and electronic systems.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.