North America Customs and Compliance Sr ManagerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01320423 Date posted 06/11/2019 City Fort Worth State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX17: Landing Gear - Fort Worth 2901 Northern Cross Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76137 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position manages a large team of both experienced professionals and team leaders in International Trade Compliance. Manages, controls, investigates and advises on solutions for compliance problems. Establishes operational and business processes with relevant authorities and counsels on difficult to moderately complex compliance issues.
• Leads a teams of experienced professionals in managing controls, resolving complex compliance matters and establishing processes.
• Establishes processes for maintaining large and moderately complex trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance.
• Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other complex business activities.
• Investigates and advises solutions with short- to mid-term focus (e.g., - months) for moderately complex compliance problems, questions, or complaints to support the legal department and a broader scope of departments.
• Creates performance metrics for local export and import processes to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Advises internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
• Establishes operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
• Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the applicable regulatory agencies all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
• Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
• Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications and technology release determinations.
• Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Includes (non-engineering) technical experts who support law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions or complaints.
• Establishes and maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms