Associate Mechanical Design EngineerBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01368578 Date posted 11/08/2019 City Fort Worth State Texas Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX17: Landing Gear - Fort Worth 2901 Northern Cross Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76137 USA
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Established in 1934, United Technologies Corp. (UTC) employs over 240,000 individuals and achieves net revenues in excess of $66B. Through strategic acquisitions of companies such as Goodrich, Hamilton Sundstrand, B/E Aerospace and Pratt & Whitney in recent years, the UTC family and its subsidiary companies are positioned become innovation leaders in the Aerospace industry.
Collins Aerospace was created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Collins competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Tuition reimbursement (Employee Scholars Program)
Life insurance and disability coverage
Pet Insurance (New for 2020)
Plus discounts on travel, hotel, Apple products, and wireless programs
Additional Fort Worth, TX site specific benefits include:
Team building activities
Community service participation
This role requires the candidate to be a US Citizen under the current ITAR definition.
This position is for an Entry-level Design Engineering professional who supports a variety of basic activities in the discipline. Formulates designs, investigates design factors, develops preliminary layouts, conducts analysis, and makes layouts of assemblies.
• Conducts detailed design work, assembly layout, systems engineering, configuration control, creation of drawings and models, writing of manuals, technical support and other related responsibilities.
• Formulates designs for component parts and assemblies for application for products.
• Makes layouts of assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, structures, and products to be used in engineering designs.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost to assess feasibility for production and ensure designed products achieve quality standards and business objectives of the organization.
• Develops basic data, makes preliminary layouts, prepares sketches and completes detail and layout drawings, under direct supervision, to be checked for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
• Conducts analysis to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components.
• Designs major components or major portions of functional systems, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products using computer design and engineering systems.
• Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations.
• Develops data and makes layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
Basic experience with GD&T (ASME Y14.5) and familiar with ASME Y14.100 and Y14.41
Basic proficiency in CATIA V5 and FTA generation experience
Basic experience with Matrix One and SmarTeam PDM systems
Experience in new product development with a background in kinematics, mechanics, and hydraulics a plus
Basic proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PPT
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms