Process Engineer InternBusinesses Otis Job ID 20000402 Date posted 01/24/2020 City Florence State South Carolina Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Otis Elevator is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Intern for Summer 2020 (May-August). Our Engineering Interns are assigned progressively challenging projects that assist and support our business.The projects assigned are related to core functions that are customer focused, result-oriented, and performance driven which will require teamwork, research and problem-solving skills.This is a full-time, paid summer internships, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the organization.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will actively participate in the manufacturing process in a production facility. Some of the primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Standard Work Concept Programming
- Observe and work with concept Subject Matter Expert
- Create standard work for modules within Concept (routings, bom logic, bom item logic, etc.)
- Upright Line Rate Increase Fixture Implementation
- Build Fixtures to support rate increase implementation readiness
- Train operators on use of fixtures
- Document standard work and OJT forms
Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution. Must have completed two years of post-secondary education.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Initiative to learn industry and project requirements
- Ability to collaborate efforts with team members and work in a team environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms