UTRC - Digital Technology Infrastructure LeadBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01302849 Date posted 03/26/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT2: 9 Farm Springs 9 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
United Technologies Corp. (UTC; NYSC: UTX), headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, is a global leader in aerospace and building technologies. Our aerospace businesses — Collins Aerospace Systems and Pratt & Whitney — are redefining the future of flight with next-generation aircraft engines and integrated systems and components. Our commercial businesses — Carrier and Otis — are pioneering intelligent building solutions and services that enable people to live and work in more modern, safe, secure and sustainable environments. We are a company of 240,000 people, founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors and committed to tackling some of society’s biggest challenges.
Our business unit, United Technologies Research Center (UTRC), is currently seeking a Digital Technology Infrastructure Lead. The candidate will report to the Director of Digital Technology.
The United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is the corporate research center of UTC, operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, and security and fire protection. At UTRC, we create new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. We are a community of high performing inventors, innovators, thinkers, manufacturers, motivators, leaders, problem solvers, dreamers and achievers. We work with universities, external research organizations, and global business units to identify, develop and demonstrate innovative technology solutions, products, services and intelligent systems. We are looking for scientists and engineers who have a passion for innovation and a high tolerance for ambiguity. You must be an independent thinker and self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content by collaborating with fellow researchers and product specialists. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop and invent new technologies, products and processes. At UTRC, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of technology - one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest people from the broadest and most diverse talent pool possible, so that we can serve our customers globally. If you have ideas, inspiration and expertise to continue developing products and systems that make the world a better place to live, then we have a great opportunity for you to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
- Solely responsible for all aspects of DT Infrastructure at UTRC – planning, deployment, support;
- Interface with Corporate Infrastructure teams and coordinate Corporate driven projects;
- Support UTC/UTRC specific infrastructure: servers, networks, storage, data center, end user devices, foundational middleware and applications;
- Provide infrastructure support for projects that must comply with DFARS/NIST 800-171, US Govt regulations;
- Provide Infrastructure support for research projects involving non standard computers, networks, peripherals, software and access;
- Develop and support external cloud infrastructure that integrates with UTC on premise capability.
- US Citizen or US Person status required.
- At least 7 years of experience in IT infrastructure;
- Experience with operating systems (Windows and Linux variants), platforms (servers, clusters, desktops, laptops, mobile), computer hardware, server architecture (physical and virtual), storage systems, networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN, firewalls);
- Experience with foundational middleware and applications such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, email/Outlook, web access, security suites and collaboration technologies;
- Experience with Azure, AWS or equivalent cloud platforms;
- Experience with desktop virtualization of Windows, Red Hat and UBUNTU.
- Knowledge of ITC (International Trade Compliance) rules, regulations and procedures;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and work in a time-sensitive, high pressure environment.
- Knowledge of UTC DT policies, standards and procedures;
- Knowledge of IT security and applications;
- Experience deploying solutions compliant with DFARS/NIST 800-171, US Govt regulations;
- US government security clearance at the Secret level or higher
BS or BA Degree in a technical program desired but not required.
Advanced Degree is a plus.
Farmington, CT or East Hartford, CT
Required Status: US Citizen or US Person required as work may involve visibility to ITAR related projects.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms