User Acceptance TesterBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01292874 Date posted 02/08/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
As part of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) organization, the User Acceptance Tester is responsible for testing changes or updates to the company’s various identity management systems and applications in accordance with the business requirements document. Through direct interaction and engagement with the UAT Lead, application owners, and various other partners, the candidate will be responsible for building appropriate test plans, identifying test cases, executing tests/test scripts, identifying and reporting defects, issue resolution, and ensuring adherence to Entrance/Exit criteria.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Create and executes test strategies and plans – traceable to requirements and design, and tracks results – ensuring appropriate issue and defect resolution, process deviations and training.
- Document Entrance and Exit criteria, along with Issue and Defect resolution.
- Provide work effort estimations for UAT scope, based upon established Entrance and Exit criteria, and maintains adherence to risk management guidelines.
- Facilitate and actively participates in meetings to ensure proper communication relating to active and in-process issues, including those outside specific projects.
- Analyze active issues to assess impact to training, documentation, procedure, etc.
- Ensure the outlined SDLC process is followed.
- Identify, reports, and documents risks associated with testing and recommends proper mitigation.
Reporting and Communication
- Communicate testing progress, issues and results to UAT Lead and other appropriate parties.
- Support the manager in the management and development of measurements and reports to evaluate trends and defects identified in both test and issue resolution.
- Work directly with UAT Lead and Business Operations Team using various resources (e.g., traceability matrices, Joint Application Development, system design/functionality walkthrough sessions, etc.) to ensure Business acceptance of new functionality and usability.
- Facilitate Testing update meetings with Business partners and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and makes recommendations for testing process improvements.
Skills and experience
- 4 years of business process and operational knowledge, with proven ability to learn.
- Experience with ALM, UFT desired
- Basic directory knowledge (Active Directory, LDAP, etc)
- Solid understanding of business requirements and process flows, supporting development of test plans which are realistic and appropriate to the business.
- Ability to execute Test and Defect Management.
- Ability to effectively define and manage Entrance and Exit criteria for UAT phase.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and test different applications relating to a Release.
- Personal accountability; self-directed to accomplish defined goals and objectives; customer-focused; team-oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and project teams.
- Experience with leveraging and configuring automated testing tools
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Consistently delivers expected results/deliverables on scheduled target dates.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s). In lieu of a degree, 7+ years of IAM Testing.
CISSP Certification a plus
Six Sigma Certification a plus
US Citizen or US Person required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.