The Digital Technology Leadership ProgramBusinesses United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 01249785 Date posted 01/17/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT6: 4 Farm Springs 4 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC), a Fortune top 50 company, is a dynamic global corporation operating at the leading edge of commercial and military aviation, aerospace systems, climate control, elevator design, security and fire protection.
UTC has a deep history of innovation that brings together big thinkers, problem solvers and a culture for pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our global reach and rich history uniquely positions us to succeed in the new digital economy. Our investment in digital innovations will make travel better, people safer and urbanizing cities more comfortable and connected.
The Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) is an entry-level, rotational program that cycles the participant through three, eight-month rotations designed to give Associates an opportunity to learn and contribute to our various business units across UTC. Through this program, Associates have the opportunity to deliver real results in the areas of business process, infrastructure and product development. Our commitment to you is to provide front-line, hands-on, meaningful assignments designed to stretch your capabilities and enhance your learning.
In addition to the hands-on experience gained through the rotation assignments, Associates will receive high-caliber training, mentoring and guidance from leading UTC executives, current DTLP Associates and DTLP alumni in order to build a strong and lasting global network of colleagues.
Participants will work at three of UTC's dynamic global business units:
- Climate, Controls & Security
- Pratt & Whitney
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- UTC Corporate Headquarters
Participants will complete rotations in three of the digital functional areas:
- Business Systems & Process Excellence
- Cyber Security & Risk Management
- Data Science & Analytics
- Product Management
- Infrastructure Service
- Software Development
- UX Design
Participants will develop the following critical skills:
- Agile methodology
- Change management
- Customer engagement
- Project management
- System architecture
- User centric design
Education / Qualifications
Currently seeking college students graduating either in December 2018 or May 2019 to join the 2019 class.
Selection for the Digital Technology Leadership Program will be based on the following minimum criteria:
- Applicant must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Engineering/Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology concentrations
- Strong academic performance, minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Proactive and results-driven individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Preferred strong technical skills in design, development, big data/analytics, infrastructure, IT/Cybersecurity, etc.
- Relevant internships or co-op experiences within Information Technology function
- Less than one year of professional work experience
- Flexibility and mobility to travel/live anywhere in the US and possibly abroad
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms