Sr. Tech Architect, Robotics Process AutomationBusiness Unit United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 57002BR Date posted 11/17/2017 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
At UTC, we're in the process of rapidly expanding our digital capabilities and optimizing our software development processes. Together, we'll transform our products and services to create a more seamless and innovative digital experience for our employees, customers, partners and suppliers.
As part of this transformation, we are looking for a Sr. Technical Architect that will work as part of the Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Center of Excellence (COE) within the Corporate Global Business Systems organization to provide technical leadership as we create a Digital RPA Center of Excellence. This individual will bring industry experience and best practices to the organization as we create the team structure, governance framework, and operating model. The role with partner closely with RPA leads and process analysts in various functions such as Finance, HR, Digital/IT etc. as well as vendor partners and bot developers to implement an RPA application architecture and governance model that spans functions and business units.
An ideal candidate would be heavily versed in RPA technical design, development and governance, and have experience supporting a large multi-national corporation.
In this role, this Sr. Technical Architect will:
- Create technical architecture and standards for bot development, utilization, scheduling, nomenclature, and industrialization.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to bot developers on the UTC specific framework
- Review technical architecture of new process automations – identify opportunities for industrialization of objects for reuse in future processes.
- Partner closely with functional process analysts across multiple functions (Finance, HR, Operations, Digital, business units, etc.) to create a tightly integrated team structure and engagement model that facilitates speed to market on process mapping and automation.
- Work with functional RPA leads to standardize the assessment of business processes in the RPA pipeline for value and automation readiness/feasibility. Create standard assessment guidelines for RPA readiness that can be leveraged as new functions engage with the Digital RPA COE.
- Drive the creation of a governance framework based on agile methodology for the end to end RPA implementation and ongoing support and maintenance by working closely with the RPA functional leads. This governance framework should include the engagement model, process documentation, standards, release management, roles and responsibilities, and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Digital infrastructure and security organizations to implement infrastructure in the cloud that will scale with the RPA demand across functions, business units and geographic locations (including on prem and cloud based applications).
- Collaborate with the Digital security/compliance organization to define security standards for the robots, including assessment against IT security policy requirements.
- Effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Provide technical thought leadership to help create a technology roadmap for RPA and associated technology based on opportunities .
- Identify new opportunities for value creation based on the UTC business processes and technology/capabilities in the industry. Provide technical expertise in assessing tools that should be added to the UTC portfolio for integration.
- Based on technical depth/expertise in the products, make recommendations on areas where team augmentation is possible with partners, and establish detailed mechanism to enable that engagement.
- Oversee the various environments (production, QA, etc) and ensure key configuration and security elements are maintained.
- Implement monitoring over the overall system health, bot utilization, failures, etc. Implement processes and systemic solutions that proactively resolving these issues before user, integration or data impact is realized.
- Perform application troubleshooting and user issue resolution as needed for escalations.
- Build and maintain sandbox environments to facilitate a release schedule, maintaining system integrity always.
- Analyze Salesforce release notes for release-specific impacts and mitigate accordingly to avoid user impact.
- Perform application troubleshooting and user issue resolution.
- Prior experience with Robotics Process Automation (RPA) implementation
- Proven experience with RPA development methodologies and key integration technologies in an enterprise setting.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and expertise, with evidence of establishing a new application and development framework across multiple functions and business units in a large corporation.
- Experience in confronting difficult technical circumstances in creative ways and balancing multiple, competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, communicating in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluating information to make decisions, anticipate obstacles and develop plans to resolve.
- A passion for current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities.
- SAP/ERP experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.