Sr Manager, OtisOne Program ManagementBusinesses Otis Job ID 01286140 Date posted 01/16/2019 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
A new age of connected elevators and escalators will transform our industry. Otis was the pioneer with our REM solution; achieving 330,000 connect elevators over the past 30 years. New technologies, commonly referred to as the Internet of Things (IoT), have emerged over the past few years and we are shifting to leverage solutions which turn an elevator into the equivalent a smart phone with the ability for customers, passengers and our employees to download apps to equipment and completely change how we deliver maintenance and offer new services. Developing this connected elevator platform is critical to the next chapter of Otis innovation.
We are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Program Manager in the Hartford area. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the overall program execution for development and deployment of the Otis IoT solution. This will include driving accountability for the overall schedule and budget, and ensuring the timely and effective completion of key program components and work streams. This person will serve as a single point of contact for program delivery.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked closely with business partners and has demonstrable experience managing relationships and expectations of the business.
What you'll do: The candidate will be responsible for:
- Program deliverables, milestones throughout all phases of the program from inception through completion
- Program schedule, budget, cost
- Program dependencies, risks, mitigation plans
- Product delivery and deployment worldwide
- Relationship Management
What you'll need:
- Experience leading enterprise-wide large programs
- Strong business acumen and leadership experience - proven track record
- Ability to influence and manage the expectations of diverse stakeholders
- Experience in managing multiple program work streams and functional partners
- Ability to analyze and use available tools to quickly evaluate problems
- Identify root causes for key issues, assess their impact and develop resolution options and action plans
- Background in the development of strategic and tactical planning for IoT programs
- Understanding of planning process for people resource requirements needed for successful completion of large-scale programs
- Need to interact well with all levels of an organization, and across functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or other technical discipline preferred
- Solid proven experience in program management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and influential skills
- Strong critical thinking and logical reasoning skills and the ability to apply them to solve issues and predict potential programmatic and technical risks
- Conducts business with impeccable ethics; leads by example and fosters ethical behavior at all times
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.