Sr Manager, Agile TransformationBusinesses Otis Job ID 20001631 Date posted 02/14/2020 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT7: CA-CT - Corp 1 Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
This is an exciting opportunity to drive change and lead a significant technology transformation. This role will have a high level of visibility to our Digital Leadership Team and will partner with software development teams to shape the Otis Agile Transformation. You will oversee inventorying and developing a standard agile methodology for the enterprise, develop a training & certification program, enable the efficient onboarding of development teams, manage vendor/partner relationships, and focus on governance, adoption, value measurement & realization.
- In collaboration with the Otis Global CIO, evaluate, select and onboard external expertise and manage the partnership
- Working with the partner:
- Develop the Otis Agile Methodology and Playbook to drive consistency across agile projects and programs.
- Develop a change management program to lead the transformation
- Instill governance & manage the adoption to accelerate value delivery from agile best practice
- Develop a Dev Team onboarding program to ensure projects start on time and are setup for successful delivery of business value
- Onboard external scrum coaches & develop a train the trainer approach that build internal muscle
- Align the agile transformation with key stakeholders in the business, Product Management and Engineering (R&D) programs
- Develop a multi-year capability roadmap for agile and track our journey against key transformation milestones.
- Develop the business case for agile transformation and manage the budget and ROI of the program.
- Evangelize and collaborate with communications to tell the agile value story for both technical and non-technical audiences.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a solid general management capability with skills in the following areas; strategy, operational excellence, collaboration and innovation. You will also be an experienced developer of talent with a solid track record of recruiting, developing and retaining talented and capable resources, utilizing a combination of in-house, external and outsourced resources. Additionally, you will establish and maintain cross-functional alignment to ensure a consistent and rational approach to delivering results through prioritization, staff and execution of technology portfolio.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with varied stakeholders (e.g. business, technical executives)
- Must be team player who thrives on working collaboratively and skilled at influencing.
- Must be detail oriented; highly organized and thorough.
- Must be avid problem solver with proven ability to make timely decisions while dealing
- with ambiguity
- Must have keen sense of time management with competing priorities and master of multitasking in changing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical field or appropriate field of study, Master's Degree preferred
- At least 7 years project management experience, with a demonstrated track record of execution
- At least 3 years managing agile projects and programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing budget & financials, including understanding
- impacts of capitalization and operating expenses
- Significant experience managing clients, writing proposals, structuring strategy
- engagements, and leading project teams
- Skilled at influencing others (at different levels of management)
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Experience leading large scale change management programs highly preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms