Sr. Developer, Robotics Process AutomationBusiness Unit United Technologies Corp. Headquarters Job ID 57524BR Date posted 12/01/2017 City Farmington State Connecticut Country US
At UTC, we're in the process of rapidly expanding our digital capabilities and optimizing our software development processes. Together, we'll transform our products and services to create a more seamless and innovative digital experience for our employees, customers, partners and suppliers.
As part of this transformation, we are looking for a Sr. Developer that will work as part of the Robotics Process Automation practice within the Corporate Global Business Systems organization. This individual will be passionate about using technology to solve business problems, and comfortable working across large multicultural teams to complete complex technology projects on time and within budget. The role with work closely with the RPA technical architect and process analysts in various functions such as Finance, HR, Digital/IT etc. as well as with vendor partners. The initial focus for the individual will be automation opportunities focused in the Finance area both at Corporate and across the business units, with opportunity to rotate to a different functional focus in the future. An ideal candidate would be experienced in process analysis, requirements gathering, design, and development, and have experience supporting a large multi-national corporation.
In this role, the Sr. RPA developer will:
- Design, develop and configure intelligent automation processes to meet the defined process requirements in accordance with standard design principles and conventions.
- Ensure that automation objects are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Partner with process analysts and technical leadership to provide input to the automation opportunities in terms of potential solution design and level of effort.
- Create and maintain solution documentation. Comply with and help to enforce design and coding standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively contribute towards the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of UTC design principles and standards for intelligent automation/RPA.
- Collaborate across technical and functional teams that are responsible for the underlying systems when developing process automations interacting with those systems
- Drive to expand technical capability across multiple systems and intelligent automation technologies
- Have the ability to work in an agile framework with iterative cycles of requirements definition, development and testing.
- Work collaboratively with process analysts and process owners during the testing phases to fix assigned bugs with quality solutions
- Report status, issues and risks to the technical architect, process analysts and RPA leadership on a regular basis
- Possess solid communication and collaboration skills to foresee and highlight potential requirements gaps
- Work dynamically in a brand new team structure and technology space within the organization where governance, structure and processes are still being defined and evolved.
- Be willing and eager to wear different hats and bring ideas to the table as we move forward quickly to deliver value, while still establishing all the facets of a full practice.
- Provide coaching, guidance, mentorship to junior developers
- Take responsibility for deliverables including work estimation, planning, communication with process analysts, and automation quality/robustness.
- Own partnership with cross-functional technology, including cybersecurity, infrastructure and other application teams to ensure consistent, beneficial interaction and solution delivery.
- Leverage and oversee offshore resources as required/appropriate
- Travel as needed
- Identify opportunities for industrialization of objects for reuse in future processes.
- Be proactive in identification of new process, technology, and business opportunities.
- Develop technical depth in the RPA technology from a development, architecture and complementary tool capability.
- Collaborate and contribute towards the establishment of a production support model that is scalable across functions and systems.
- Work very closely with the functional process analysts to ensure agility of development and troubleshooting. Continuously improve the overall robustness of automations through monitoring, automated error handling, and proactive
- Perform application troubleshooting and user issue resolution as needed for escalations.
- Proven development experience in any software platform or programming language (4+ years)
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with partners outside of the IT organization to solve business problems with technical solutions. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, communicating in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluating information to make decisions, anticipate obstacles and develop plans to resolve
- A passion for current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
- Quick learner
- Experience with agile development methodology is a plus
- Prior experience with RPA development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related business discipline(s).
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.